Geo. H. Wilson, Inc. is a family-owned business that evolved through hard work and dedication from the original partnership of Izant and Wilson, established in 1921. The founder, George H. Wilson, devoted all his energies towards developing a successful business with a reputation for quality work.
The company has grown over the years to a point that it consistently employs over 85 employees. It prides itself on its role in the building trades and overall community. Geo. H. Wilson, Inc. is the first plumbing company to become a Certified Green Business in Santa Cruz County and have repeatedly been recognized for our role as a bicycle friendly organization and supporter of a wide range of community organizations and events.
Geo. H. Wilson, Inc. has evolved from its roots to the present multi-dimensional mechanical construction company.
Obtaining Green certification in Dec. 2005, and then recertification in June 2009, was a natural extension of practices previously in place with our operation. We recognize that resources should not be wasted and that recycling construction by-products is an important part of our company’s culture as we strive to always do the right thing.
Our employees provide quality service while using proven equipment and products for improving plumbing and heating infrastructures to schools, hospitals, institutions and homes throughout the Monterey Bay area. We welcome the challenge of being a community leader with best practices and new design innovations.
Since 1950, James E. Wilson has been working at the firm. His leadership and engineering skills are well known and respected throughout Central California.
In 1984, Richard J. Wilson joined the firm. He brought a wide spectrum of engineering experience from University Mechanical in Southern California. In 1996 he became President. His stewardship has been steady throughout several business cycles.
Thomas E. Wilson joined the firm as a Vice President in 1985 after a career in Radio Frequency Identification. His work at a start-up electronics company has provided a variety of experiences that have been applied to daily operations.
George H. Wilson, founder, at 94.
Izant and Wilson and its fleet of trucks
in the early 1930s.
The Wilsons next to the company e-car.
In 2007, Julie Wilson came aboard in the Service Department. She works in dispatch and specializes in customer service.
Peter H. Wilson is a member of the Board of Directors and contributes expertise in marketing and long range business planning.
The Geo. H. Wilson, Inc. Team is comprised of a diverse group of talented people that strive for sustainable growth through quality service and workmanship.
COLLEGES, SCHOOLS AND UNIVERSITIES
Boulder Creek Elementary School
Cabrillo Community College
California State University Monterey Bay
DeLaveaga Elementary School
Harbor High School
Monterey Peninsula College
Naval Postgraduate School:
New Brighton Middle School
San Jose State University
San Lorenzo Valley Junior High School
Santa Cruz Gardens Elementary School
Santa Cruz High School
University of California at Santa Cruz
Watsonville/Aptos Adult School Annex
Watsonville High School
Buena Vista Landfill
Emergency Family Shelter
Live Oak Library
Monterey County Office of Education
Monterey Regional Waste Management District
Santa Cruz County - Rountree Med. Security
Santa Cruz County - Simpkins Pool Cogen
Santa Cruz Port District
Sleepy Hollow Steelhead Rearing Facility
USGS Santa Cruz MARFAC
Watsonville Civic Plaza
HOSPITALS AND HOTELS
Animal Hospital of Soquel
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Garden Hotel Watsonville
Hyatt Regency Monterey
Monterey Peninsula Country Club
Monterey Plaza Hotel
Mount Hermon Association, Inc.
Quail Lodge Resort
Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
Sutter Maternity and Surgery Center
Veterans Administration Palo Alto
INDUSTRIAL AND MANUFACTURING BUILDINGS
Monterey Mushrooms, Inc.
Monterey Pacific Winery
OFFICE AND FINANCIAL BUILDINGS
Household Credit Services
1550 Leigh Avenue
1200 Pacific Avenue
Falcon Trading Company, Inc.
Hank’s at the Hook